Alcohol inks background

Hello everyone!

DT Ale here today sharing a fun way how to stretch your alcohol markers and ink blending solution. And here is the card that I made using alcohol markers and stamps and dies from Craftin Desert Divas
Before I share the steps on how I created this card I just wanted to say that this will be my last card as part of Craftin Desert Divas design team .
A big thank you to Tara and the design team for the amazing time spent together . Was such a beautiful experience to be part of this design team and looking forward to see all your upcoming  projects

Now to my card :)



To start my card I picked a piece of photo paper. For this technique you really need to play a bit around and see what works best for you. For example I scribble with my markers on the glossy photo paper and when I added the ink blending solution ... nothing happend :)

I was pretty disappointed , but then decided not to give up and turned the paper scribbled again with the markers ...




added the ink blending solution and ta da ...


It worked :)

Now the fun can begin. I splattered more ink blending solution and the also put a bit a solution in a bottle and sprayed over the background 



Let it dry and scribble again and spray again until I was happy with the end result .



What I also did was adding a bit of silver paint to the spray bottle and sprayed the background so I got a very subtle shimmer to the background 


Now that the background is done I die cut the hill and the house border from Fall border dies  


and then added foam tape, to add a bit dimension to the card .


I stamped the sentiment from Holiday sweaters stamp set with Versa mark ink and embossed using Wow silver embossing powder 



Next I stamped the cute critter from Skating by stamp set and coloured using Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers 


The only thing left to do is to assemble the card and I am really happy with the end result


Thank you so much for stopping by ! Have a lovely day 


Supplies 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To bee or not to bee blog hop

Summer Blog Hop

Tyroid Awareness Month Blog Hop